The history of branding is very much tied to the history of using animals as a commodity. The act of marking livestock with fire-heated marks to identify ownership begins in ancient times with the ancient Egyptians. Fire Heated was the first method to brand livestock and is still the method used today. It's easy to use a Fire Heated Brander and we have 5 easy steps to help you get started today and if you have any questions, please contact us.
It's very easy to use a Fire Heated Brander. Follow these simple steps.
- Place the irons on a wood or coal burning fire or in a propane branding iron furnace.
- Clipping excess hair is advisable when hair is long.
- Apply brand with moderate pressure to animal and hold until skin turns dark copper color, approximately 10 seconds.
- Application time will vary with wind and weather conditions, thickness of hair, and age and breed of animal. After branding several animals, you will learn proper application time.
- If brand is not clear upon first application, it may be reapplied.
BRASS FIRE HEATED BRANDING IRONS
- Rust resistant non-corrosive copper alloy is used for its heat holding capacity. (Irons will remain a copper color when hot.)
- Not recommended for use in propane furnaces.
STAINLESS STEEL FIRE HEATED BRANDING IRONS
- Designed for use in a propane furnace. Stainless steel will not rust or corrode.
L&H Branding Irons warrants that its products are free from defect in material and workmanship and it agrees to repair or replace a defective product within one year from date of purchase. Repair or replacement does not extend the one-year warranty. Failure of a product caused by abuse, misuse, accident or disregard of operating instructions, removal of the ground prong, opening or disassembling the unit, and repair or attempted repair by anyone other than L&H Branding Irons voids the warranty.
NO OTHER WARRANTY
L&H Branding Irons makes no other warranty of any kind, express or implied, and it is agreed that in event of breach of any warranty, L&H Branding Irons liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the product and it will not be liable for any other damage, whether direct or consequential.
TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
Carefully pack unit and send postage paid, to L&H Branding Irons, Box 639, 410 6th St SE, Mandan, ND 58554. COD’s will not be accepted. A note of explanation along with proof of purchase, return address and telephone number must accompany unit. Bill of sale, receipted invoice, or other positive proof of purchase is acceptable.
If you have any problems or questions concerning any of L&H Branding Irons products, contact us:
L&H Branding Irons
410 6th St SE, Mandan, ND 58554